Saturday, July 14, 2012

Returning with a great recipe to share!!

Seems like forever since I have posted on here!  Well, yes!  February is a long time.

Been very busy these past few months trying for figure out what to do "next".  Well, I have found it, and I am loving it! 

I am now a Stampin' Up Demonstrator.  I have been using this product since I started "crafting" years ago, but in all my years of doing home party sales, I have never sold it.  I don't know what I was waiting for.  It is a GREAT company and product! 

Well, I hope to be posting more projects on here, goal of one per week, minimum.  You will see changes on my blog as I progress and learn more, but bear with me.  It won't happen overnight. 

For now, I want to share a wonderful recipe with you all, so I think I will do it here.  Great thing about it being my blog... I can post what I want!!!

My husband saw this recipe in our Dillon's mailer we get every month or so.  We tried it and loved it.  I have shared it with a couple of friends this week and they too have enjoyed it.


Fluffy Carrot Dip

2- 16 oz  pkgs carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 tsp. chili paste ( or 1/2 tsp chili powder)
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Bring large pot of water to boil, salting liberally. Cook carrots in boiling water, over med-high heat, for 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender; drain.  Transfer them to a food processor or blender.  Add remaining ingredients and process until the carrot mixture is light and fluffy.  Serve with celery sticks, toasted pita wedges, etc.  Personally,whole wheat scoops are my fave!
Refrigerate any leftovers. Serves 6-8 as an appetizer.




No comments:

Post a Comment