Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month/ Fundraiser

Ok... I know this was meant for a scrapbooking/ creative blog, but I am using it as a "things that interest Bobbi" Blog.   I am sure you all know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Well, I came upon a story today that really touched me.  .  It is about a lady named Jamie Pursley that lost her battle with breast cancer just this year.  Her last wish was for the Lawrence Memorial Hospital infusion rooms, where she spent a lot of time in her last year, to be renovated with new chairs, electronics, etc...  Jamie is a native of Topeka.  You can read the story at http://www.jamieswish.org/Index.php

I still have a lot of Creative Memories items that I am trying to get rid of since I am no longer a consultant.  I will be selling most of it at full price, but with no shipping or tax.  50% of everything I make on it will go to this cause.  Get with me if you want a first look at what I have left.  I will be adding a list to my blog by early next week.

I can find no better cause but to help fulfill the last wish of this woman by doing something that will help cancer patients for years to come.

Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment