Sunday, October 16, 2011

Not Always Scrapbooking

You know what I love about having my own blog?  It means that I can post whatever I want!!

Yesterday was our family reunion and my cousin Mary made an awesome dessert by Paula Deen.   It got me looking at MY Paula Deen Recipe Books.  Did I mention that I have a huge collection of cookbooks? My husband would like me to use them more, so I am trying :-) 

Anyhow, I was looking thru The Lady & Sons- Savannah Country Cookbook and came across a recipe that I had all of the ingredients for so I made it.  It was DELICIOUS and I just had to share.  My favorite recipes are simple, use everyday grocery items, and taste good (of course!!!).  Hope you enjoy it as much as Brad and I are.

The Lady's Cheesy Mac
(serves 6 to 8)

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni drained (approximately 2 cups uncooked)
     I uses small shell macaroni because I had it on hand.  Love that about macaroni.  It all works!!
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk, or equivalent in evaporated milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  After macaroni has been boiled and drained, add cheddar cheese while macaroni is still hot.  Combine remaining ingredients and add to macaroni mixture.  Pour into casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.  Top with additional cheese, if desired.

I am awaiting the dessert recipe for from Mary and hope to make it and share the recipe soon.  In the meantime, ENJOY!!

1 comment: