Friday, August 31, 2012

A Breath of Fresh Winter Air

It seems like forever since I have made a new project.  I am taking advantage of this long weekend to play catch up on some card/ project challenges.

This a is challenge from Naki and Nina, called a Double Dare Challenge!  They both come up with something to use on the card, whether it be a color, technique, or tool, and combine them.  DD Challenge #2 was to use an embossing folder and two neutral colors!!  It fit right into a project that I have wanted to do for some upcoming vendor events.  This was cased from (cased from Heidi Boos with www.stuckonstampin.blogspot.com). 

A Breath of Fresh Winter Air
It is kind of hard to see on the picture, but I used one of my favorite embossing folders called Perfect Polka Dots.  My choice for the two neutrals was Basic Gray and Whisper White, which I combined with Marina Mist... a beautiful blue that makes me think of a cool winter day.  I embossed the entire piece of Basic Gray, giving it an all around texture.  You open it up to find a box of Fresh Mint Tic Tacs, with a saying attached that reads "Enjoy a breath of fresh winter air, and share some snowman kisses!!" which I typed and printed on cardstock.

Project Ingredients- 
Paper- Basic Gray and Whisper White Cardstock, with Polka Dot Parade DSP
Stamp Set- Button Buddies
Stamp Pad- Marina Mist
Tools & Accessories- Marina Mist Ribbon (discontinued), X-Large (2"x1 3/8") Oval Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Snail Adhesive, and Sticky Strip

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you like this post, please leave a comment, and share it with your friends on facebook or Pinterest. Glad I could share My Therapy with you!! ~~ Bobbi

6 comments:

  1. love how you turned mints into winter magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I have been wanting to make this project for a while now, but this challenge opened my mind to a couple of different possibilities, including the Basic Gray with the Polka Dot embossing.

      Delete
  2. This is really cool. Pun intended. I may need to case this from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn. I think it will make a darling gift for a secret sister, co-worker, etc... not alot of money, but really cute... and it uses that awesome Polka Dot Parade paper :-)

      Delete
  3. Adorable! This makes such a simple gift! I just may have to CASE it! Thanks for playing with us at Naki & Nina's Double Dare Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nina! Yes, your challenged helped me to figure out the final details. Great timing! And feel free to CASE it. Gotta love Pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete