Saturday, September 1, 2012

Clean & Simple... I'm Here For You


When I first saw the 3rd Double Dare Challenge by Naki & Nina, I was thinking "No way can I do a Halloween paper pack with a butterfly!".  Spooky and butterflys just don't go together.  Well, our Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP is not only my favorite Halloween Paper in a long time, but I am finding it very versatile also!!!

I pulled out a retired stamp set that I love, called Butterly Prints.  One of the butterfly stamps has the same Houndstooth design that some of the paper pack offers, and I thought with butterflys I would probably be better working with a clean and simple More Mustard and Very Vanilla color scheme then with blacks, grays, and oranges offered in the other Houndstooth design.

{no matter what}

(inside view)   i'm here for you
Note that the Word Window Punch is longer than what is seen above.  I punched it farther to one side and then used a sticky note to extend the size of the paper, putting the punched piece back in and punching the other side shorter, still having the curved edges on both ends.   I have been using this sticky note trick quite a bit lately, allowing me to use smaller scraps, etc, to punch desired shapes.
 

Card Ingredients, including those mentioned above...
Paper- More Mustard and Very Vanilla card stock, and Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP
Stamp Sets- Petite Pairs and Butterfly Prints (discontinued)
Stamp Pad- More Mustard
Punches- Word Window and Butterfly (discontinued)
Other Tools & Accessories- Window Frames Collection Framelit Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Snail Adhesive

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you like this post, please leave a comment, and share it with your friends on facebook or Pinterest. Glad I could share My Therapy with you!! ~~ Bobbi

3 comments:

  1. Wow Bobbi! You found the perfect butterfly for this challenge! And what a pretty color combination! Thanks for playing with us at Naki & Nina's Double Dare Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina. Loving this challenge!! Keep it up :-)

      Delete
  2. this is very cute, Bobbi:-) I love how you repeated the houndstooth (or howlstooth!?) on the butterfly! thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete