Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Art Therapy Explained

My Therapy is a name that suits my paper crafting hobby well.  While my husband, and some others, have wondered about me using the name Therapy in my blog name, I have insisted on it.   Just today, an article was brought to my attention by a fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator.  It is called The Therapeutic Value of Art Forms, and I have included a small piece of it below.

"The American Art Therapy Association (AATA) defines art therapy as “an established mental health profession that uses the creative process of art making to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of individuals of all ages. It is based on the belief that the creative process involved in artistic self-expression helps people to resolve conflicts and problems, develop interpersonal skills, manage behavior, reduce stress, increase self-esteem and self-awareness, and achieve insight.”"  To read the entire article, click HERE.  This was written by Shantha Nair-Kalia.  If you don't already have a hobby of some art form, you might reconsider after reading it.

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you like this post, please leave a comment, and share it with your friends. Glad I could share My Therapy with you!! ~~ Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment